Texas Medical Center Orchestra, 2016-17 winners and 2017-18 second place finalists of the American Prize in Orchestral Performance, are one of the finest community orchestras in the nation.
Established in 2000, TMCO is one of the very few orchestras with its origin in the health professions. Most of the members are health professionals who have a dedication to music that goes beyond their daily occupations. The mission of the orchestra is to provide fellowship for its members, contribute culturally to the community, and raise awareness for medical and other local charities through its concerts and other events.
Founder and Artistic Musical Director, Libi Lebel, has a remarkable talent and growing reputation for leading the award-winning orchestra through challenging and varied programs. Support the orchestra and come and see why the Texas Medical Center Orchestra is just the right medicine.
• Aaron Copland, “Fanfare for the Common Man”
• Aaron Copland, “Hoe Down”
• Antonio Vivaldi, “Concerto for Two Trumpets in C major, RV 537”
• Leonard Bernstein, “On the Town Suite”
• Ludwig Van Beethoven, “Symphony No. 3 in E-flat major, Op. 55 “Eroica”